Surrounded With Joy

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Taking Our Monkeys to the Zoo...



Yesterday DeWayne and I were able to spend a day with our boys (monkeys) at the zoo. We thought it would be a nice day and since we get in free in September with our aquarium pass it was a cheep day too! It started out with us trying to get everyone together to go. It was nice because we weren't in a hurry to get out of the house. Since we weren't in a hurry my oldest (DeWayne) always finds time to have fun with the boys. As I was walking down the hall to get Ethan ready I saw some little toes hanging out of the linen closet...



Since we are only allowing Ryan to have the "paci" in his bed now I thought he was being sneaky. No, DeWayne said he put him in there and they where playing peekaboo. : ) Not surprising...

We finally headed to the zoo. First we headed to a critter encounter... Yes Grandma, that is Ethan touching that thing. Ryan touched it too, many times. Mommy DID NOT! And yes we washed our hands very well. : )



Ryan has this thing with paper, cards, and books right now and likes to carry them around and color in them. It is so funny. He is very particular about it and when he saw the pamphlet of the zoo in the stroller he had to get it...




Too Cute!

Ethan also had to see the elephants this time. That was all he kept saying until we finally got there. When we got there he was so hot and not as interested (note the picture). And when we got home he said "I didn't even get to see the elephants!" HELLO!! I have a picture to prove it! He must have been too hot! Delirious...



And then of course we ended our trip with a very nice cool down in the fountains! They had a blast! Mommy and daddy had a pretty good time watching too!



They slept on the way home and some in their beds when we got home. Our monkeys had finally exhausted themselves. : )

No comments: