Surrounded With Joy

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Too Close for Comfort!


So last night about this time 10pm my little brother went out for a run (he is preparing for boot camp for the Coast Guards). I have been trying to exercise lately and decided that this would be a good time to start running again. Running with someone else keeps my mind off of the pain and agony!
Anyway, I had DeWayne drop me off where T.J. was (quite a bit farther than I would have chosen). T.J. and I started off. 10pm, I know, I'm usually in bed by this time. Crazy!!
Where we were running is lit, but can get very dark at times. We ran by some huge spider webs and heard noises that scared the begesses (is that a word?) out of me! We started talking about the big spider web and how we both hated them, I really couldn't believe there where so many.
We where running and talking and suddenly T.J. said "Sarah, There's..." I looked straight into a HUGE spider!!! The spider was directly in the middle of my face and of course I was running and couldn't stop in time to have the whole web COVER my face! I smacked my face,screamed and dropped to the ground trying to get that mess off of me!!! I was FREAKING!!! I got up and hoped that I got the spider off. We couldn't see.
After that I kept feeling things on me. I made T.J. stop and look in my hair at the next light. The "Scream, Drop, and Roll" must have either scared the spider away or killed it. I don't know and I don't care. I hate those things.
When I finally pulled myself together I was thinking about my reaction and I am surprised we didn't see a police officer drive up and check on us. If I was outside and heard that I would probably have called! It's a wonder I didn't roll in dog crap! It was pretty after the fact.
Lord, a girl can't just get a work out in and let it go great can she. There is always something that has to happen. I have a hard enough time trying to shower let alone exercise!!!
From there on I tried to run behind T.J. (sorry teeg). We finally made it back to the house and I was glad to see it. I don't know how T.J. runs by himself like that so much. I'll have to join in on a run that is a little earlier next time. Or order a web net/catcher/clearer to wear, if it exists? I had a good work out and enjoyed my time with my brother. However, I still hate spiders!!!

2 comments:

Beth Finch said...

I am with you on the hating spiders!!! I have the hibby jibbies just from reading that! :)

Erica said...

That is so gross! That gives me the willies! I am glad you made it home!