Surrounded With Joy

Friday, August 1, 2008

Everything's New!

Everything is new through the eyes of our children. It makes a trip to the Aquarium so fun for mom and dad. No wonder my parents loved to surprise us with little "adventures" here and there. They must have had as much fun as DeWayne and I did today. We took a family day and the four of us went to the Aquarium. Ethan and Ryan both exclaimed every time they saw something cool. Ethan loved the Hammerhead Shark, and Ryan loved following Ethan around and cooing over everything Ethan admired. I sat back and was so proud of Ethan telling other children about the sea animal they where looking at. All those books we read about ocean life IS in his little mind. He remembered names of fish I couldn't. Along with names of fish, I knew, where from his imagination. (That is working too!) I enjoyed myself so much watching Daddy (and his inner child) play pirates with the boys and little Ryan bringing "treasure" back to the ship. He would hold his little arms out like he had a huge load and bring it to the ship, of course he had to "put it down" when he climbed the stairs. Magically it reappeared in his arms at the top of the ladder. I wouldn't have given this day for anything. I am blessed. I can't wait to go back and explore again.

2 comments:

Beth Finch said...

Sounds like you all had an AWESOME day! I love the days we get to explore the world with our girls! My princesses will have to look out for you pirates, I don't want them to have to walk a plank! :)

Erica said...

That is so much fun! I love it when Brian is able to be with us as well. Here's to more memories!