Today has been an eventful day. I had an unusually busy day at work, and received not so good news when I got home.
I usually get off at 2:30 pm, but didn't leave until 5:15! But I was there, I think, to witness a miracle. My patient had a procedure that involved his brain today, and already had a history of stroke, so when his wife called me into the room today my heart dropped. He had no use of his left side and was mumbling. I had to call a stroke code and we got him directly to the bed. We laid him flat in bed and within 5 min. he was coherent and his strength returned! When it was all happening all I could think about was that he was bleeding somewhere and I couldn't do anything about it. Somebody else can though!! Earlier in the day he and his wife where telling me how they where missionaries to Africa years ago!!! I really believe it was a miracle. On the tests they took after the episode he had NO signs of bleeding!
My grandmother recently had surgery for cancer of the uterus, and when I got home my mom said they received bad news today. Her cancer had metastasized to her lymph nodes. I was in shock, but after having had witnessed what I did earlier that day I was comforted. Even though we really have no control over things that happen in our day, or over sickness, He still has control over it! I 'm so grateful I don't have to carry the worry. I know my grandmother will be okay. I am so grateful for all your prayers, and I know my grandparents are too!
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment